DescriptionChampionship Manager 4 is the latest addition to the long-running series of soccer management sims. Like its predecessors, the interface still consist mainly of text, menus and clickable boxes, which are all easily navigated using a mouse. For most games this distinct lack of graphics could easily mean its downfall, but as CM4 relies heavily on realism, authenticity and an intuitive interface to attract gamers, it actually works very well.
Though CM4 is visually very similar to its successors, it does offer a few new additions as well as some enhancements to the series. The most notable of these additions is the 2D pitch viewpoint, which is only available during matches. Basically, it replaces the classic commentaries with a top-down view of the match, where you can watch your players live up to your selected tactics (or watch them stuff up in style). Other additions and enhancements include a totally skinable interface, a revamped tactics engine and an enhanced contract negotiating system.
As for the actual gameplay, little as changed since the last installment. Being the manager still means you're in charge of almost every aspect of your selected club, from hiring staff to setting up team tactics and so forth. And you still have to live up to that pesky club board's expectations.
- "冠军足球经理4" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Scudetto 4: Championship Manager" -- Italian title
- "Meistertrainer 4" -- German title
- "L'Entraîneur 4: Saison 2002-2003" -- French title
- "CM4" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Championship Manager series
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Repetition
- PC Gamer Presents Games
|Extra Buggy||S.t.e.f. (4)|
|Disappointing but progressive||Neepie Lantern (482)||unrated|
The Press Says
|Thunderbolt Games||Oct 29, 2003||10 out of 10||100|
|ToTheGame||Mar 28, 2003||10 out of 10||100|
|games xtreme||Apr 17, 2003||9.8 out of 10||98|
|Pelit||May, 2003||91 out of 100||91|
|Gamesdog||Dec 15, 2003||9 out of 10||90|
|Super Play||May, 2003||9 out of 10||90|
|ComputerGames.ro||Jul 02, 2003||85 out of 100||85|
|PC Zone Benelux||Jun, 2003||83 out of 100||83|
|PC Gameplay (Benelux)||Jun, 2003||80 out of 100||80|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||May 01, 2003||15 out of 20||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2003 - The Daily Mirror Award: Best of British
Related Web Sites
- CM Gamer (A fan site with everything about CM, including a large forum.)
- CM Sverige (Swedish CM site.)
- SIGames (Official CHampionship Manager page.)
- The Dugout (One of the best CM fan sites with a lot of players, tactics and downloads.)