DescriptionChampionship Spades All-Stars is a single-player, trick taking, card game in which spades are always the trump suit.
Spades is a classic card game for four people. A game consists of several hands of cards and the goal of the game is to score as many points as possible in each hand. A hand consists of two phases, the bidding phase in which each player evaluates their hand and says how many tricks they think they can take, and the playing of the cards.
Points are scored by making the number of tricks stated, similarly points are lost if the pair fail to hit their target. The scoring system has a penalty system, BAGS, to discourage deliberate underbidding and special bonus cases such as extra points for bidding and taking no tricks at all. The game is played until one pair exceeds a predetermined score.
In this game there are five pre-set variations of Spades:
- Standard - where the game is played in pairs with partners helping each other.
- Cutthroat - a three player variant where everyone plays for themselves.
- Suicide - The same as the Standard game but one player in each pair MUST bid nil on every hand
- Mirror - where a player's bid must equal the number of spades in their hand
- Insanity - based on the Suicide variation and involving jokers and blind bidding
The game has five difficulty settings, twenty four computer players with customisable personalities to play with / against, the card back, card faces, play area can be changed, and new skins, plug-ins and music files can be both downloaded and created.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Championship Spades Pro" -- Original title
- "32-bit Championship Spades Pro" -- Alternate title v4.78
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.