DescriptionThe Chessmaster series returns, offering three variant opponents for players to compete with.
The Teacher: Chessmaster teaches beginning and advanced players the best openings and the best endings, alerts players to damaging moves, explains why certain moves are illegal, and spots checkmates as many moves in advance as the player wishes.
The Mentor: Get advice on your next move, see tutorials from chess coach Bruce Pandolfni, study classic games and endings.
The Ultimate Opponent: Play against Chessmaster's The King AI, compete against over 150 opponents or create your own, or take Chessmaster online and play against human opponents around the world.
- "Chessmaster 9000: The World's Most Popular Chess Program" -- Tag-lined title
- "Chessmaster 9000: O Mais Popular Jogo De Xadrez Do Mundo" -- Brazilian tag-lined title
- "Chessmaster 9000: Le Jeu d'Echecs Le Plus Célèbre Au Monde" -- French tag-lined title
Part of the Following Group
|Great way to play chess when all your friends think they're too cool for it!||Pixelspeech (949)|
|Game Chronicles||Oct 10, 2002||10 out of 10||100|
|PCG||Nov, 2002||9 out of 10||90|
|PC Gamer UK||Nov, 2002||86 out of 100||86|
|CanadianGamer||Nov 17, 2002||82 out of 100||82|
|IGN||Sep 17, 2002||8.2 out of 10||82|
|GameZone||Sep 27, 2002||8 out of 10||80|
|Level||Nov, 2002||80 out of 100||80|
|Thunderbolt Games||Apr 19, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
|GameSpot||Sep 12, 2002||7.6 out of 10||76|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Dec, 2002||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Develop Your Endgame (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of Chessmaster 9000, with commentary provided by Producer Ioan Palalau (January, 2005).)
- Official Webpage (Mac) (The official product page for the Mac version of Chessmaster 9000 on the publisher's website, which provides a profile of the game, patches (including a Universal Binary patch), a desktop wallpaper, and ordering information, among other such things.)
U.S. Vice President, Development: