DescriptionCity of Villains is both the first expansion for City of Heroes, and a standalone game. In it, you can play a villain, rob banks and fight heroes, all while advancing your own schemes. You can also form Strike Forces to take out heroic threats, create Villain Groups and make hidden lairs and headquarters.
City of Villains is an MMOG, and requires an Internet connection and a monthly charge.
- "恶棍城市" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|ActionTrip||Nov 01, 2005||87 out of 100||87|
|1UP||Nov 04, 2005||8.5 out of 10||85|
|FOK!games||Nov 17, 2005||85 out of 100||85|
|DreamStation.cc||Apr 03, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Dec, 2005||84 out of 100||84|
|games xtreme||Nov 09, 2005||8.4 out of 10||84|
|WomenGamers.com||Nov 15, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Feb, 2006||80|
|PC Games (Germany)||Nov 28, 2005||78 out of 100||78|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Dec 14, 2005||14 out of 20||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ReferencesThe game has an Arachnos soldier NPC with the name "Jenkins". He usually keeps getting himself captured and you have to rescue him. As confirmed by the game's developer, this is a nod to the Leeroy Jenkins phenomenon from World of Warcraft. You can find out more about it in the related links of the World of Warcraft game entry.
Universe mergeIn July 2008 NCsoft announced the complete merger of its City of Heroes and City of Villains titles into one game universe. Current subscribers who only had one of the titles received access to the features of both games, and new sales grant access to both.
- 2011 – #5 Top Superhero PC Game (together with City of Heroes)
Related Web Sites
- City of Heroes Community website (Website of the main game. Includes additional resources of the game)
- City of Villains Community Site (Resources, image gallery, forum...)
- CoH Stratics (Part of the Stratics network for City of Heroes and City of Villains. Probably the most complete resource site.)