🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > ClockWerx > ClockWorks (SNES, SS, and PS)

Freeman (65099) on 10/13/2015 7:27 PM · Permalink · Report

What do you mean by 'SNES thing'? You don't think the SNES version is the same as the PC/Mac versions? Or something else?

Rik Hideto (473490) on 10/14/2015 6:47 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

It was me who accepted the "SNES thing" about a year ago but now I'm not so sure if it should belong to ClockWerx entry.

It would make more sense having an entry for ClockWorks, and then add the other two platforms?

I was going to add the Alternate Titles.

Freeman (65099) on 10/15/2015 12:50 AM · Permalink · Report

I played the SNES version a bit and compared it to the PC version and there are some differences, though the mechanics are identical. I didn't play enough, though, to determine if they should be different versions or not.

BTW, the JP version probably shouldn't be called 'Clockworks' since both the title screen and cover only use the Japanese spelling.

Rik Hideto (473490) on 10/15/2015 7:11 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Yes, I think you are right. If you google "クロックワークス clockworks", you will find some random pages (not related to the game). Try "クロックワークス" only and you will see KLOCKWORX, KLOCK WERKS.

EDIT: http://www.videogameden.com/sfc.htm?clo - "It is however hard to tell, from the Japanese Katakana characters, if the game should be called Clockworks or, as the original, Clockwerx."

Rwolf (22823) on 10/15/2015 12:10 PM · Permalink · Report

How about simply adding some alt titles then?