Codename: Eagle (Windows)

Mature
2.5
Written by  :  phlux (4143)
Written on  :  Nov 30, 2001

read more reviews by phlux

Summary

A mediocre shooter - nothing more, nothing less.

The Good

Not much. The different missions are okay, and there are plenty of them so the game doesn't get boring too fast. The speech is dull but at least it didn't annoy me. The sound effects are not too bad and the controls are okay - I can move around and shoot opponents as I am used from other 3D shooter games.

The Bad

The animations are jerky; all other figures walk like they have swallowed a stick. The levels are in no means as detailed as in other 3D shooters, most houses etc. are pure blenders (e.g. you cannot enter them). The graphics is a bit blurry and grainy and the colors aren't perfect too. The objects all look flat and ugly.

Most of the opponents are dumb as a post - they are standing there, watching me pass, machine gun in hand, without doing anything at all. Then, suddenly, they start to shoot at me. Best example is the guard at the beginning of the very first mission. I can approach him with my knife drawn, he will just say "This is restricted area." but leave me alone. I mean, I am his ENEMY so he should care!

The Bottom Line

Well... if you want a cool "I-am-a-soldier-and-have-to-complete-many-missions" game with good graphics and many different and interesting missions... THEN you shouldn't take a look at Codename Eagle (maybe Hidden and Dangerous would be your choice :) But if you just would like to have some fun with dumb enemies, you should give it a try.