Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (Windows)

Teen
3.5
Written by  :  Aapo Koivuniemi (43)
Written on  :  Jul 09, 2001

read more reviews by Aapo Koivuniemi

Summary

Uderrated, disliked and hated. I like it.

The Good

Graphics, sound, AI, balance, FMV... everything in it is GOOD, if not EXCELLENT. This is currently (summer 2001) the best rts-game I've played. With computers powerful enough, you can set resolution as large as your display can show (although menu only gives you choices up to 800x600, but with tweaking of ini files you can get it as high as you ever want).

The Bad

Well, some missions are pretty hard (I mean those missions with limited units... especially NOD has a lot of them). Some people say, that NOD is way stronger... If I remember right, in the original C&C NOD had no decent land units, and no air units at all (well... er... it had the nuclear missile... It was cool), so now it's GDI's turn to be the weaker side. And in single-player NOD has way harder missions than GDI. Another thing that is bad is that there are a few "super units" (namely Cyborg Commando and Mammoth Mk.2), which can destroy huge bases easily. Luckily, their number is limited to only one at a time.

The Bottom Line

A great real-time strategy game. Many people say it sucks - but I don't see any reason for that. It's a great game.