DescriptionCommander: Europe at War is a turn based strategy game taking place during World War II. The player can opt to play as the allies or axis forces in a game that spans the entire European chapter of the war. Or play one of the 6 included scenarios such as Operation Barbarossa, D Day or the Grand Campaign.
The game is presented on a map of Europe, part of the US and Africa with a hexagonal grid. There are 12 different types of units and historical commanders that can be put in charge of certain units. The player can also put researchers to work on 50 different inventions that can give you an advantage in the war. The outcome of individual attacks is determined by a number parameters such as morale, supply lines, equipment and training.
Multiplayer is possible in hotseat, online or through play-by-email.
- "Military History Commander: Europe at War" -- UK Re-release title
- "Commander: Европа в огне" -- Russian spelling
- "Commander: Europe at War Gold" -- US re-release title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Out Of Eight||Jul 01, 2007||7 out of 8||88|
|EGC Games||2007||85 out of 100||85|
|GamePlasma||Apr 01, 2008||8.4 out of 10||84|
|PAL Gaming Network (PALGN)||Jun 30, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|AceGamez||2007||8 out of 10||80|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Aug 19, 2007||75 out of 100||75|
|IGROMANIA||Dec, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
|Total PC Gaming||Apr 02, 2009||6.4 out of 10||64|
|GameStar (Germany)||Feb, 2008||60 out of 100||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
The Kameleon ProjectCommander: Europe at War is the first game developed under Slitherine Software's Kameleon Project incentive. It was set up to help independent development studios that lack resources in a certain area (art, graphics, design) cooperate with other studios to complete the project together.
Related Web Sites
- Freeverse: EaW (The Macintosh publisher's product page for Commander: EaW, which offers additional details, a demo, and ordering information.)
- Play for the Fate of the World (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of Commander: Europe at War (January, 2008).)
Programming (Firepower Entertainment):