Company of Heroes
Copy protectionAs of September 2006, Company of Heroes is fairly unusual for a retail game of its kind. Unlike hundreds of other games on the store shelves, Company of Heroes does not require the CD-ROM to be present in the drive while playing.
Server shutdownAfter SEGA acquired the Company of Heroes rights after THQ's death in early 2013, they permanently shut down the multiplayer servers and transferred multiplayer capabilities to the Steam version. Steam accepts the retail disc code for the game and its expansions for registering.
- Computer Games Magazine
- March 2007 - Game of the Year 2006
- Games for Windows Magazine
- March 2007 - #2 Game of the Year 2006
- 2006 – #2 Game of the Year
- 2006 – PC Game of the Year
- 2006 – #2 Online Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2006 – PC Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2006 – PC Real-Time Strategy Game of the Year
- 2006 – PC Real-Time Strategy Game of the Year (Gamers' Vote)
- 2006 – Best Sound of the Year (PC)
- 2011 – #4 Top PC Game of the 2000s
- PC Powerplay (Germany)
- Issue 02/2007 – #3 Best Strategy Game in 2006
Contributed by Michael Palomino (152) on Sep 22, 2006. [revised by : MobyGames was killed by GameFly (89506)].