Cossacks European Wars is a real time strategy (RTS) wargame based in the 17th and 18th Centuries. Emphasis is placed on historical accuracy, and an excellent manual and on disc manual accompanies the game.
Using a fixed isometric view, you build towns and fortresses and deploy your troops and cavalry in the usual RTS manner. There is resource management in the form of chopping wood, fishing and mining.
Although entitled Cossacks... the game actually allows you to play under the flag of a wide range of European nations. Each having its own building designs, separate troops and specialist troops and weapons.
Naval battles are included as are invasions via ships across oceans and wide rivers.
There is a method of grouping and controlling your troops in the fixed formations common to the period depicted. Up to 8,000 individual units can be active on screen, so the scale of battles is immense.
Single player, set campaigns, random maps and Multiplayer supported.
- "哥萨克：欧洲战争" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Казаки: Европейские Войны" -- Russian spelling
- "Kozacy: Europejskie Boje" -- Polish title
Part of the Following Group
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
The box features a part of Reply of the Zaporozhian Cossacks
painting by Ilya Repin (1891).
- As of 2005, Cossacks and its two add-ons have sold 2.5 million copies.
- In 2001, Cossacks: European Wars won the Gold-Award from the German VUD (Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland - Entertainment Software Association Germany) for selling more then 100,000 (but less then 200,000) units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Information also contributed by
Luis Silva and
- Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland
- 2001 - Gold Award (more information in the "Sales" paragraph)
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by Felix (138)
on Sep 02, 2001.