Dark Side of the Moon (Windows)

3.2
Written by  :  MAT (70377)
Written on  :  Oct 30, 2004
Rating  :  1.17 Stars1.17 Stars1.17 Stars1.17 Stars1.17 Stars
read more reviews by MAT

Summary

Dark side of SouthPeak Interactive

The Good

Aside from the very prologue and at first sight interesting opening to a story, nothing else is worthwile mentioning as a do-gooder.

The Bad

So, you start the story with a stunning graphics and expect at least an interesting sci-fi adventure, if not great. Instead, you get shrinked experience to some 30% of the full screen with highly bad controls with no help whatsoever, and no reason for you to wanting to continue playing any further. But why did I finish this game... alas, probably 'cos I developed hope in games no matter the odds.

The story completely renders useless as you move towards the ending, and even though it does possess certain points of interest, it is not well executed if I do say so myself. Not only that, but there are many things you cannot even identify, 'cos mind it, this is an SF game with lots of weird looking objects, yet your mouse cursor doesn't help you write what it is you're mouse-overing. Dialogues are nothing that smart, and you don't get to talk much either. They just thought that having live actors and a game with pre-rendered background where you can rotate will be cool. Not quite, it's pretty useless and makes it even more dull if it doesn't connect to the story whatsoever, not to mention lousy controls.

If you're really not interested as to how a completely flawed adventure game looks like and mind constant disc swapping, stay away from this grim experiment and pray that it doesn't repeat. It is sad that such a game with promising potential screwed up itself.

The Bottom Line

Just say no to it, and you won't see a reason why being a play-tester isn't always the best job in the world.