DescriptionDash 8-300 Professional
is an add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002
. The Dash is a twin-engined commuter aircraft made by Bombardier (DeHavilland Canada). This add-on gives the player two versions of the aircraft, the DHC-8-300 and the DHC-8-Q300 in seventeen different liveries. The Active Cockpit displays instrument labels and readings when the player's mouse hovers over them.
Also included are three enhanced airports:
- London City (England),
- Frankfurt (Germany), and
- Amsterdam Schiphol (The Netherlands)
and three additional programs;
- Panel Config: which allows the player to modify the cockpit panel.
- Load Edit: which allows the player to set different loads for the aircraft, for example adjusting the number of passengers and the amount of baggage they carry.
- Virtual Cockpit Switcher: Switches the cockpit mode between Active and Static. Players using Windows 98 are advised to use the static mode
In addition to the printed manual there is further documentation on the CD in .pdf format;
- The flight manual comes in three parts, Part 1 is a nine-page description of the aircraft.
- Part 2 of the flight manual contains 16 pages of charts and tables such as the pre-flight, in-flight and post-flight checklists, climb rates for one & two engines etc.
- Part 3 of the flight manual is a 67-page document covering the pilot's flight panel and its instrumentation.
- EDDF Pilot Information: a 10-page document describing Frankfurt airport
- Nine flight tutorial documents that guide the player through a series of typical flights between:
- Frankfurt to London City and back,
- Frankfurt to Amsterdam and back,
- Amsterdam to London and back,
- Nassau (Bahamas) to Orlando (Florida, USA) with and without FMS enabled
- London to Ontario (Canada) and Toronto Pearson International Airport (Canada)
- "Just Flight Dash 8-300 Professional" -- Installation program/EULA title
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by piltdown man (50423)
on Nov 01, 2011.