DescriptionPlayers take the roles of aliens deadlocked on a planet surface. You spend turns building and expanding, and ultimatly warring. The last alien standing wins.
- "魔星大戰略" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "XenoSphere" -- Working title
- "Deadlock: Planetarische Eroberung" -- German title
- "Deadlock: La Conquista Del Pianeta" -- Italian title
- "Deadlock: Conquista Planetária" -- Brazilian title
- "デッドロック" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
|Dull, boring, and wholly uninspiring.||Afterburner (477)|
The Press Says
|Christ Centered Game Reviews||Jun 01, 2005||90|
|PC Player (Denmark)||1996||88 out of 100||88|
|Gamezilla||Mar 02, 1999||88 out of 100||88|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Dec, 1996||80|
|Power Play||Oct, 1996||76 out of 100||76|
|PC Joker||Oct, 1996||75 out of 100||75|
|PC Games (Germany)||Nov, 1996||71 out of 100||71|
|GameSpot||Sep 12, 1996||7.1 out of 10||71|
|Svenska PC Gamer||Dec, 1996||70 out of 100||70|
|PC Player (Germany)||Oct, 1996||60|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|FreeGame||3||St. Martyne (3539)
Jun 05, 2008
BugsKnown bugs as of version 1.31 (from patch readme.txt):
Deadlock doesn't terminate completely on exit. Upon exiting a multi-player game of Deadlock, if you try launching a second game of Deadlock the message "Cannot run multiple instances of a DLL under Win32s" appears. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up the Win95 task list. Select and END any running Deadlock tasks. You can now play Deadlock again. [Win95 only; on TEN & Mplayer online services]
Cover misprintSome CDs of Deadlock: Planetary Conquest have the designation "Retail Demo" printed on them by mistake.
Demo versionIf the game was played without the CD, a demo of the game was available to play. However, the demo was so limited that it defeated its own purpose.
DevelopmentDuring the game's development, there was some discussion about making it a real-time strategy game, instead of a turn-based one.
Information also contributed by NGC 5194 and Techademus.
Related Web Sites
- Gallius IV (A dedicated fan-site with information on Deadlock and Deadlock II. The site also features a discussion board for the series.)
- Interview with Dan Evans, Deadlock Producer (on Gamezilla.com (1996))
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.