Deadly Rooms of Death (Windows)

Deadly Rooms of Death Windows DROD certainly has it's own character

MISSING COVER

Written by  :  krammer (235)
Written on  :  Oct 28, 2002

read more reviews by krammer

Summary

A challenging but highly addictive game.

The Good

The game is extraordinarily addictive and it's unique. When I first started playing I found it a little hard to work out what was going on, but by the time I had reached level 3 I was hooked. The game is simple to understand but it requires a great deal of planning and strategy to get anywhere; it's no use just running madly around slashing at enemies. And then you get the satisfaction of watching giant roaches and eyeballs disappearing in a shower of blood. And when you complete a level, you really feel you've achieved something. If you complete the game without help then you are among a very elite group of people.

The Bad

Its impossible! Actually it isn't but it often seems that way. The most annoying thing is the fact that a game can only be saved at the beginning of each room. There is nothing more frustrating than pressing the wrong key and having to start all over again, especially in some of the later rooms. The scream sound you hear when you die gets annoying too.

The Bottom Line

A great game, well worth getting. Just don't expect to finish it within a few days or even weeks.