In the year 2284, after many years of a war between the Terran forces and the forces of former Eath colony Mendel, the United Terran Forces have plans to invade Mendel and has chosen the previously uncolonized world Epsilon Eridani F to be their staging base. The super Battlecruiser Atlas was sent to the region to construct spaceport facilities, but was seized by a deadly weapon. The marines have been called back to save the ship, but the infection is becoming more entrenched. The final dropship has been sent, carrying a group of 5 battle hardened space marines.Derelict
is a first person shooter and a tactical action game inspired by Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels
. The player controls a group of 5 space marines in two ways: directly in first person view (with the keyboard and mouse) or by giving them orders via map view (primarily with the mouse). Each marine has its own skills and abilities:
- Communications: the communications specialist can see enemies in the map screen.
- Heavy Assault: carries a belt fed Gatlin Cannon which doesn't need to be reloaded.
- Demolition: the demolition expert carries a modified rifle with a grenade launcher attached, which power can rip apart obstacles and temporarily disrupt teleportation systems.
- Engineer: carries automated tools to repair doors and can hack security system faster than the other marines.
- Medic: can heal the other team members and has a hazard suit which allows him to walk through dangerous areas.
The player can switch among the marines any time by pressing the proper hot keys or using the mouse wheel. While controlling a marine, the others will be AI controlled.
The game has a total of 20 levels and five difficulty ranks, from Private to General, and the harder the rank, the more frequently enemies respawn, the quicker they move and the slower the medic heals.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There is no trivia on file for this game.
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by chirinea (31388)
on Jul 09, 2008.