DescriptionAs it's predecessor, the racing-game DiRT 2 doesn't just focus on accurately simulating the Rallye-sport like the earlier installments of the Colin McRae-Series did. Instead eight types of Offroad-events await the player during the main campaign called DiRT Tour:
- Rallye - The player has to get as fast as possible to the finish line. He's the only one on the course at the same time and instead has to deal with hairpin curves and difficult terrain.
- Trailblazer - Basically the same as Rallye but instead of narrow courses, this mode features long and open stages.
- Raid - Races over wide and open terrain with many dangerous shortcuts allowing the player to get distance between him and the other drivers.
- Landrush - All drivers start at the same time and the tracks are littered with crazy curves and jumps.
- Rallyecross - Takes place on round-courses with a mix of dirt and asphalt streets.
- Gatecrasher - The player has a limited amount of time to get to the finish line. To replenish that time, so-called gates are scattered around the track each granting +2 seconds upon destruction.
- Domination - Similar to Rallye, the tracks are divided into sectors. Each sector gives 1-10 points depending on how fast the player in relation to his opponents finishes it. In addition 1-10 points are added for his final position in the race once he crosses the finish line. The winner is the driver with the most points.
- Last Man Standing - As the name implies, the goal here is to race around the course and be the last car in the race at the end with the last car being removed after each lap.
The game features many real-world racers including their voices and their cars who give the player tips during the course of the DiRT-tour and also offer him additional challenges including duels and time trials. They'll also take part in team-events with the player, if he keeps them happy by not crashing into them that often during races.
- "Colin McRae: DiRT 2" -- European title
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: BMW Z4
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Eclipse
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Lancer
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Colin McRae Rally / DiRT rally series
- Game Engine: Ego Game Technology Engine
- Japanese PlayStation 3 game releases with full English support
- Licensed Title: Athletes
There are no reviews for this game.
|Play.tm||Dec 09, 2009||90 out of 100||90|
|GameSpot||Dec 09, 2009||9 out of 10||90|
|Level||Feb, 2010||9 out of 10||90|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Nov 27, 2009||89 out of 100||89|
|Out Of Eight||Dec 29, 2009||7 out of 8||88|
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov 30, 2009||87 out of 100||87|
|4Players.de||Dec 14, 2009||87 out of 100||87|
|PC Games (Germany)||Dec 04, 2009||87 out of 100||87|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Feb 17, 2010||80|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Dec 18, 2009||77 out of 100||77|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesColin McRae: Dirt 2 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- 2009 – #2 Best Racing Game of the Year
- 2009 – #2 Best Graphics of the Year
- 2009 – Best Trailer Cut of the Year
- Game Informer
- 2009 - Best Racing Game
- 2009 - The UI is King Award
- 2009 - Best Racing Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- PS3trophies.org trophy guide (PS3trophies.org's trophy guide for Dirt 2)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Colin McRae: DiRT 2)
Senior Executive Producer: