Solomon's Key for the NES was released in Japan on this day in 1986.

Divi-Dead (Windows)

Written by  :  Gutter Snipe (23)
Written on  :  Feb 28, 2003

read more reviews by Gutter Snipe

Summary

An engrossing hentai thriller * * * * *

The Good

Unlike the bulk of hentai anime games, Divi-dead has a well thought-out and captivating storyline. Like a good novel, this game is difficult to quit once you start playing -- I pulled an all nighter the first time I played through. The interface is very simplistic - merely consisting of choosing a course of action from a pre-defined list. For this reason I would consider Divi-dead more of an interactive novel than a game, but the complexity of the story made up for the lack of control. There are at least three different scenarios to play through, each one taking somewhere around 6-10 hours of gameplay.

The Bad

Through much of the game, it isn't exactly made clear to you where you're supposed to be going. Consequently, you'll spend quite a bit of time wandering around trying to find various situations to advance the gameplay. This didn't personally bother me too much, but today's genre of action gamers may find it a bit fustrating.

The Bottom Line

I highly recommend this game to those who enjoy thriller/mystery novels. This game can probably be purchased on ebay, though one might find it through a P2P network as well.