Divi-Dead (Windows)

Written by  :  Indra is here (19675)
Written on  :  Dec 17, 2003
Rating  :  2.83 Stars2.83 Stars2.83 Stars2.83 Stars2.83 Stars

read more reviews by Indra is here

Summary

A beautiful but Wierd (with a capital W) game...

The Good

Well I must admit, this has got too be my first hentai game that actually has graphics worth looking at. Unfortunately, most of those graphics are usually the background (no funny ideas, mate) not the hentai girls. If you see the screenshots, you'll see what I mean; very smooth, not rough like other hentai games. Although I couldn't say much for the characters you talk to, to a certain extent ruin the beautiful background.

I must admit I was quite shocked at some of the pictures in this game. Beautiful graphics is one thing, totally gross is another. I honestly was not prepared for some of the graphics that reflect the "horror" side of the story. Don't get me wrong, they were excellent (in a gross way), I just didn't expect it to be so...straight forward and blunt. Good thing no one put the "dead dog" screenshot here, kids might have nightmares looking at it. A little creepy for my tastes, I would expect it from a horror movie, but this would be a first for a computer game. Those graphics make Resident Evil look like playground.

The music is quite nice, fits in with the background pictures and overall plot which is quite semi-horror, but nothing extraordinary though, unfortunately.

Well, that's the good part. Graphics and music. Sigh.

The Bad

It may be the most beautiful hentai game I've played (or in this case, clicked - you don't "play" most hentai games, you just click), but it sure hell must be the most weirdest one I've played. I don't know about you, but even after I finished the game I doubt I understand the whole story. Honestly, if someone asked me what the plot was about, my sure answer will be "uh...” I must say that the storytelling is terrible. Mystery and imagination is one thing, but as went along playing the game, my brain (what's left of it) had a lot of trouble comprehending what the story was about. I still have trouble understanding who the good guys and the bad guys are. Never mind.

But, what do you expect? Another boring hentai game which progress only depends on the skillful ability of your finger(s) to press the mouse button or the enter button. It kinda reminds me of an old sports computer game, decathlon I think, where when you run a 100m dash, your speed is judged by how fast and frequent you press the keyboard keys. Not much has changed since then it seems.

I really hate the fact that you have to click on every area on the map each time in order for the game to go forward. Well, not every place on the map, but you have to find one particular place where there's a new event occurring, of which the game almost never tells you where to go next. This game should go in the Guinness Book of Records in the category of "Most Useless Mouse Clicks for a Game".

I really miss Cobra Mission. Those were the days...

The Bottom Line

Isn't worth the play, isn't worth the buy. Even for a hentai game. Brain activity used to play this game = 1,5%