DescriptionIn Dracula: Origin, the player takes the role of Van Helsing, the famous vampire hunter, in the chase of Dracula, before he performs a ritual to save his lover's soul. In a faithful recreation of Bram Stoker's mythology, the player learns about the origins of Dracula's curse, how he took the path of evil when his beloved one committed suicide, thus becoming damned forever, and how he finally made a pact with the Prince of Darkness to become a vampire. With time he learns of a ritual that could bring damned souls, like that of his deceased lover, from their prison. Centuries pass and the Count finds a girl, Mina, that looks exactly like her and begins to seek the girl and the manuscript where the ritual is described, while Van Helsing goes after him.
Through the usual 3D characters over a detailed 2D background, this point-and-click adventure of classical style, takes you, Van Helsing, from London to Transylvania, passing through Egypt and Austria in the search for Dracula. There are also 40 different characters to gather clues from and 150 objects to use and combine in order to solve the different puzzles and mysteries of the game. The game mixes regular inventory and environment based puzzles with more difficult riddles that require logical thinking or pose language or maths problems. The player has access to reports where tasks are detailed, various documents and a log of all dialogues in the game.
There are some helpful features for adventure players, such as a key that highlights all hotspots in the environment and double clicking to quickly move between areas.
- "Охотник на Дракулу" -- Russian title
- "Drákula: Zrození" -- Czech title
- "Dracula: Początek" -- Polish title
Part of the Following Groups
- Fictional character: Count Dracula
- Inspiration: Literature
- Physics Engine: PhysX
- Setting: City - Vienna
- Setting: Egyptian
- Theme: Vampires
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Game Chronicles||Jul 26, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|Adventures - Kompakt||Jun 19, 2008||9 out of 10||90|
|Game Captain||Jun 14, 2008||80 out of 100||80|
|Peliplaneetta.net||Oct 17, 2008||78 out of 100||78|
|Game Over Online||Jun 13, 2008||78 out of 100||78|
|PC Format (UK)||Sep, 2008||77 out of 100||77|
|Gamezoom||Jul 08, 2008||74 out of 100||74|
|GameZebo||Dec 25, 2008||70|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||May 29, 2008||11 out of 20||55|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Jun 19, 2008||40|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
May 29, 2008
Shared assetsSome scenes, like the inventory screen and the loading screen resemble Sherlock Holmes: the Awakened.
Related Web Sites
- Dracula: Origin (Official game website)
- Dracula: Origin - Universal Hint System (More than an ordinary walkthrough, UHS hints help you solve the game yourself without spoiling it for you.)
- Dracula: Origin Walkthrough (by MaGtRo (on Gameboomers.com))
- Dracula: Origin Walkthrough (by ronrob (Gameboomers.com))
- Dracula: Origin Walkthrough (by Malcolm Schmidt (Gameboomers.com))
- Dracula: Origin Walkthrough (on GameSolves)
- The Adventure Company - Dracula: Origin (North American publisher's product page)
Inspired from the original text "Dracula" by: