DescriptionThe Atomic Edition of Duke Nukem 3D contains the three original episodes of the main game, the Plutonium Pak expansion, and many additional features like Windows themes, screensavers, jigsaw puzzles and an image carousel.
- "Duke Nukem 3D" -- Xbox 360 title
Part of the Following Groups
- 2.5D Engine: Build
- Duke Nukem licensees
- Game Feature: In-game Screenshot Capture
- Gameplay feature: Auto-mapping
- Gameplay feature: Jetpack
- Gameplay feature: Scuba diving / Snorkeling
- Setting: Earth's Moon
There are no reviews for the Windows release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Retro Gamer||Jun, 2009||83 out of 100||83|
There are currently no topics for this game.
BotsAccording to 3D Realms, Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition is notable as being the first first-person shooter to include bots (AI controlled, human-like opponents).
References: MiscIn the "Duke Burger" Level, in the fourth episode, there is graffiti on the bathroom wall, that says "TRAB PU KCIP". Look in the mirror, and it will read "PICK UP BART". This is a nod to The Simpsons episode Brother From Another Planet.
References: Mission ImpossibleThe entire first level is a homage to the movie Mission Impossible. Here are some of the more obvious references.
- The title ("It's Impossible!")
- The music playing in the background.
- Going to the desk and using the tape deck in the first room will cause the famous message "this tape will self destruct in..." to play. (Note: get out of the way fast, as the tape makes good on its promise)
- In the briefing room, there is a coat hanger with a hat and cane on it which says "STEED"
- The puzzle where you have to enter a code without touching the ground.
- In the same room as the above puzzle, there is a garbage bin with greenish slime in it. In the movie, the computer operator gets drugged and ends up vomiting in a similar garbage bin.
Source code releaseAfter many years of requests from fans, 3D Realms released the source code for Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (v1.5) on April 1, 2003. More information on where you can download it can be found on 3D Realms website: http://www.3drealms.com
Information also contributed by Maw, MasterMegid and Xantheous
Related Web Sites
- Duke Nukem 3D (official page of the Mac version at MacSoft website from 1999, archived by the Wayback Machine)
- Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition (3D Realm's site for "Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition".)
- Jonof's Duke Nukem 3D Port (A port using Duke Nukem 3D's source code that adds: >OpenGL rendering support. >True-colour textures support. >Native Windows port using his Build engine port. >MIDI playback and authentic sound mixing using ported >Apogee Sound System code. >Experimental UDP-based multiplayer. )
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide Duke Nukem 3D.)