Dungeon Keeper (Windows)

Written by  :  syd67_67 (4)
Written on  :  Sep 24, 2001

read more reviews by syd67_67

Summary

Be the bad guy. Crush the forces of good.

The Good

First of all, I liked the twist of being on the side of evil. There are many different creature types that can be lured into your dungeon and trained to high levels to ultimately destroy the good heroes or other keeper foes. You have the ability to change the view angle, the lighting, the shadows, and much more. The multi-player is a good touch to let you play against actual human intelligence. There is a good amount of spells that can be researched in the library. Also, a lot of traps and dungeon accessories can be built in the workshop and placed where you need extra defense.

The Bad

The artificial intelligence in this game leaves alot to be desired. Not only did I find it too easy to beat my foes, but some of the stupid things the a.i. would make my own creatures do was enough to make me want to pull my hair out. The only real challenge to this game is keeping control of a level ten reaper, good luck!

The Bottom Line

Over all, I did and still do enjoy playing this game. I would recommend it to anyone who likes strategy games.