DescriptionDungeon Siege is a direct descendant of the grandfather of all of today's Hack'n'Slay "roleplaying" games, Diablo. In Dungeon Siege, you control one or more heroes in a gigantic 3D modeled fantasy world, slaying hundreds of monsters, casting spells and gathering experience points and valuable items.
The story is as simple as it is in the game's predecessors: you are a humble, yet unnamed farmer, whose lands are devastated by the evil Krug. Of course, you can't let this just happen to you, so you set for revenge...
Where Diablo (and Diablo II) had hand-drawn or pre-rendered graphics, Dungeon Siege takes the 3D approach. The entire world is rendered in real time, and there is no loading between levels - since there are no levels. It's more like the Ultima 7/8 games, where you have one gigantic world plane to roam.
As already expected, there are literally hundreds of monsters already awaiting our farmer, and of course there are many different weapons and items for him (or his party members) to acquire. This as well is a different approach - you can have a real party, all controlled by yourself (or your multiplayer friends, for that matter).
- "末日危城" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "地牢围攻" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Di Lao Wei Gong" -- Chinese title
Part of the Following Groups
- Diablo variants
- Dungeon Siege series
- Gameplay feature: Armor / Weapon sets
- Games made into comics
- Games made into movies
The Press Says
|Game industry News (GiN)||2002||100|
|UOL Jogos||Oct 18, 2002||100|
|FiringSquad||Apr 23, 2002||96 out of 100||96|
|ComputerGames.ro||Jun 20, 2002||89 out of 100||89|
|Fragland.net||Sep 13, 2002||87 out of 100||87|
|GameSpot||Apr 10, 2002||8.4 out of 10||84|
|Joystick (French)||Jun, 2002||83 out of 100||83|
|Pelit||May, 2002||83 out of 100||83|
|Game Chronicles||Jun 04, 2002||7.1 out of 10||71|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 2002 – Tech W'd Like To See More Of Award (for its missing loading times)
Related Web Sites
- Building a Better RPG (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of Dungeon Siege, with commentary provided by Writer Neal Hallford (March, 2003).)
- Dungeon Siege Planet (English fansite.)
- Hints for Dungeon Siege (Designed to give you just as much information as you need, these hints will help you solve the game without spoiling it.)
- Official website (Official website)
- Planet Dungeon Siege (All things Dungeon Siege.)
Designer and Project Leader: