DescriptionDungeon is a platform game where you control a white man running through a dungeon. On your way, you encounter typical platforming fare, like pits to leap over, deadly water, spikes and enemies.
The game was originally created as a "social experiment" (or, depending on how you see it, a mean prank), aimed at creating confusion among the players. The game experience was, secretly, different for each player. For some players nothing would be amiss, while others would suffer from a random odd symptom, such as: certain rooms (even the first one) being impossible to get through, the game working several times slower than normal, no checkpoints, different names of rooms, etc. Later on, v2.0 was released, removing the gameplay twist.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|The A.V. Club||Nov 23, 2009||C||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentThe game was created for the Mini Ludum Dare #14 competition of which the theme was "Comedy and Tragedy".
Related Web Sites
- Arthur "Mr. Podunkian" Lee: Dungeon (Another author's blog entry about the game. )
- Arthur "Mr. Podunkian" Lee: Dungeon (Version 2.0) (A post about the version 2.0 of the game. )
- Dungeon (The author's blog post about the game. )
- IndieGames.com: Freeware Game Pick: Dungeon (An IndieGames.com blog post about the game. )
- TIGForums: dungeon (A thread about the game on the TIGSource forums. Quite amusing to read, if you know what's the secret behind the game. )
- TIGSource: Dungeon (An article about the game on The Independent Gaming Source. )
- Wired.com: Indie Dungeon is a Low-Fi Tragedy (A Wired.com article about the game. )