Advertising Blurbswww.nintendo.com - Game Boy Advance:
One of the weirdest platform games ever is making a triumphant return as Earthworm Jim 2 squirms its way into the hands of Game Boy Advance owners.
Originally released on the Super NES, Earthworm Jim 2 sports a wildly improbable storyline driven by a cockeyed sense of humor. An accidental superhero, Jim must traverse 12 huge interplanetary levels in order to save the fair maiden Princess What's-Her-Name.
Slimy crawling enemies threaten Jim every step of the way. Fortunately, power-ups are scattered throughout the levels to replenish your health and boost your firepower. Earthworm Jim 2 is not all run-and-gun. There are absurd puzzles and crazy minigames to complete when you're not blasting aliens.
Many puzzles involve carrying, launching, or handling livestock in some way. Nothing can prepare you for the bizarre puppy-bouncing challenge, unicycle-riding maggot or the killer T-bone steak.
EWJ2 occasionally shows its age, as with a level entitled Lorenzen's Soil (a bad pun on '90s weepie movie Lorenzo's Oil). But let's face it -- Jim's Snot Swing move is always worth a laugh.
Earthworm Jim 2 is available now. Take the bait and enjoy this wacky platformer.
This game has been rated "E" (Everyone) by the independent Entertainment Software Rating Board. Progress is password-protected.
Contributed by Xoleras (66127) on Dec 27, 2004.
- Over 5 new weapons to choose from! Guns, guns, guns, guns!
- Uses patented Animotion II and Silicon Graphics 3D characters!
- Untraditional level designs that only Shiny Entertainment is capable of creating!
- Returning favorite characters; Princess What's-Her-Name, Psy-Crow, Peter Puppy, Bob the Goldfish, and several new villains as well!
- See Jim in disguise as a blind cave salamander (no, really... we're not kidding on this one!)
- Whip, run, jump, fly, and Snott swing your way to victory!
Contributed by Corn Popper (69652) on May 23, 2004.
TWO TIMES THE FUN!
TWO TIMES THE EXCITEMENT!
Two Times two is four! Too much to list, but keep reading:
From Evil the Cat's 'Circus of the Scars' to the planet of Meat, join Jim on a madcap chase across the galaxy. Saving cows, thwarting lawyers and outsmarting Psy-Crow are all in a day's work for Jim. Are you up to the challenge? Can you handle the awesome new weapons? Excellent! Then stop reading this. Take it up to the front counter and try it at home! Trust no one, play it yourself...or EAT DIRT!
THE FUN STUFF