DescriptionA number of games allow you to search the tombs of ancient Egypt, but few allow you to do so IN ancient Egypt. Taking place (appropriately enough) in 1156 B.C., you play Ramose, a young Egyptian man who hopes to prove himself a worthy investigator for the current rulers of Egypt. Your first assignment is not an easy one, as a Tomb of Sethi I, a pharaoh has been desecrated and looted and your own father has been accused of the crime. You have three days to prove his innocence and stay the sentence of execution.
Gameplay takes place in a first person mode similar to fans of this kind of adventure game. Unlike some games that give you a static, unmoving image to look at, Egypt 1156 B.C. allows you to look around at any location in a smooth turn (similar to QuickTime VR, but with better results). This gives you a 'you are there' feel that many other games lack. All graphics are 3-D rendered and occassionally actions will give you a third person cutscene as a reward. Communication is through a simple branch tree and both talking and puzzle solving involves the manipulation of objects, both in and out of your inventory.
In addition to being a mystery/adventure game, Egypt 1156 B.C. also comes with reference material about ancient Egypt, its people, and its culture. These are available whenever you discover something interesting in the middle of the game or can be accessed via the main menu.
- "Egypten: 1156 f.Kr. Faraos Hemlighet" -- Swedish title
- "Egypte 1156 voor Christus: Het raadsel van de koninklijke tombe" -- Dutch title
- "Egypte 1156 av. J.-C.: L'énigme de la tombe royale" -- French title
- "Egypt 1156 a.C.: L'Enigma della Tomba Reale" -- Italian title
- "Egipto 1156 a.C.: La Tumba del Faraon" -- Spanish title
- "Das Grab des Pharao" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
|Alot not to like about this game||Jeanne (75422)|
|Mega Score||Apr, 1998||92 out of 100||92|
|Adventurespiele||Jun 13, 2005||90|
|PC Jeux||Dec, 1997||84 out of 100||84|
|PC Action||Feb 18, 1998||68 out of 100||68|
|Video Games||Jun, 1999||61 out of 100||61|
|PC Games (Germany)||Mar 04, 1998||60 out of 100||60|
|GameStar (Germany)||Mar, 1998||53 out of 100||53|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Oct 27, 2000||50|
|Tap-Repeatedly/Four Fat Chicks||Feb, 2002||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Egypt 1156 B.C.: Tomb of the Pharaoh (official website)
- Hints for Egypt 1156 B.C. (Hints to help you solve the game)
- Review on UHS Web (A review of Egypt 1156 B.C. on UHS Web)
- Walkthrough by Crash (Fugazi's walkthrough for Egypt 1156 B.C.)