DescriptionEmergency 2012 is the fourth sequel of Emergency: Fighters for Life. Like the previous installments it is a real-time strategy game, focusing on a selection of emergency institutions. This encompasses handling of fire department, police, medical rescue services and technical relief units.
The game features a campaign and a free play mode.
- The campaign consists of 12 unique missions, each representing a fictive catastrophe scenario. Though each mission has a rather linear plot, triggered by certain events, the players performance has major impact on how and when single objectives are accomplished. Every scenario has a unique map. The available emergency forces are preset for each mission and accessible from the start.
- In free play you can choose from three maps featuring a specific weather condition of storm, heat wave, or cold wave. Opposing the campaign mode the player occupies an all-in-one emergency base housing all four unit divisions. You you start with a limited vehicle fleet, but you can buy additional and more specialized units during the game. The objectives are generated random casual incidents on varying locations on the map.
The game requires a lot of micro management. Especially in free-play you have to chose the appropriate vehicles for the pending incident and may even have to modify the crew. On-site you must let the crews get of the vehicles first and then typically have to equip them with specific gear for the situation found. After that the units have very limited capabilities of autonomous initiative, like coping with the next fire or reanimating victims within reach.
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Havok Vision Engine \ Vision \ Vulpine Vision
- Emergency Life Fighters series
- Genre: Simulation - Medical
- Physics Engine: PhysX
- Theme: Firefighting
- Theme: Law enforcement
There are no reviews for this game.
|PC Games (Germany)||Nov 05, 2010||80 out of 100||80|
|Krawall Gaming Network||Nov 03, 2010||79 out of 100||79|
|Gamezone (Germany)||Nov 19, 2010||7.8 out of 10||78|
|Game Captain||Nov 15, 2010||71 out of 100||71|
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov 04, 2010||66 out of 100||66|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Nov 26, 2010||64 out of 100||64|
|4Players.de||Nov 12, 2010||60 out of 100||60|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Feb 28, 2011||11 out of 20||55|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Contagious radiation?||1||Agent Orange
Apr 12, 2014
There is no trivia on file for this game.