Advertising BlurbsPress Release:
Westwood Studios Ships Emperor: Battle for Dune
Epic 3D RTS to Hit Store Shelves This Week
Emperor: Battle for Dune is Westwood’s first 3D Real Time Strategy (RTS) game and the sequel to Dune’ II. Westwood defined the RTS genre in 1992 with Dune II, and the company is now expanding the franchise into 3D with Emperor. The custom-designed 3D engine adds beauty and depth to the gameplay and also allows the player to rotate and zoom the camera to better manage the battle in front of him.
“Emperor brings together the addictive and highly-accessible gameplay of Westwood Studios with an amazing 3D engine that gives life to the world of Dune,” said John Riccitiello, president and chief operating officer of Electronic Arts. “It’s a significant milestone in a franchise that established the RTS genre with Dune II.”
In Emperor, players can choose to control any of three unique sides in their bid to control the empire: the noble Atreides, the evil Harkonnen, or the insidious Ordos. Each is equipped with vast armies and exotic weapons, but the battleground and keystone to victory is the planet Dune. The side that wins Dune will control spice production and take the throne. Players will also wage war on four other planets, including the green, pastoral world of Caladan, the polluted wasteland of Geidi Prime and the icy orb of Draconis IV.
With Emperor, Westwood is adding a new level of strategy to the RTS genre with a non-linear planetary campaign that features 33 different maps and more than 100 missions. Players will be able to decide for themselves which territories to attack and defend. In addition, players will be able to completely customize their armies by forming alliances with up to two of the five sub-houses, such as the Tleixu, Ix, Fremen, Guild and Sardaukar, in the game. Emperor will feature enhanced play over a Local Area Network and the Internet. Players can engage in fierce combat with each other or play through the full campaign cooperatively over Westwood Online(sm). A built-in worldwide ranking system allows players to track their victories and defeats against other Internet gamers.
Gamers can order Emperor online at www.eastore.ea.com or call toll free at 877-EA GAMES (877-324-2637). Emperor can also be ordered from Babbage’s at www.gamestop.com and from Electronics Boutique at www.ebworld.com.
More information about Emperor can be found at www.westwood.com.
Westwood Studios is a prominent publisher of best-selling PC, and next-generation console games. Formed in 1985, Westwood Studios has released several popular titles including: Dune’ 2000, the Lands of Lore’ series, the Kyrandia ’ adventure trilogy, Monopoly® for the Internet, Blade Runner’ and the Command & Conquer’ product line. # # #
Contributed by skl (1147) on Mar 02, 2004.
YOUR EMPIRE AWAITS. CLAIM IT.
- Experience firsthand the full 3D universe of Dune - one of the greatest science fiction sagas of all time. Even ride the legendary Sandworms!
- Intuitive camera movement and interface make gameplay easy in this vastly compelling, real-time strategy game.
- Play solo, head-to-head, co-operatively with a friend, aggressively against the computer or take on up to 7 others in all-out mayhem.
- Battle for Dune as one of 3 unique cultures: the noble Atreides, the evil Harkonnen or the secretive Ordos.
- Align with any of 5 powerful subgroups, including the stealth-minded Fremen, and merciless Sardaukar, to access new technologies and units.
- Explore 5 different landscapes including lush prairies, industrial wastelands, frozen tundra and the harsh desert of Dune.
- From the stealthy Dust Scout to the massive Devastator war machine, each unit plays a vital role in your tactical battle plan.
- Challenge youreself in over 150 single-player missions where you must conquer, defend or retreat from 33 individual territories on the innovative campaign map.
- Turn novice warriors into battle-hardened veterans - the longer they stay alive, the more they boost their firepower and special abilities.
Contributed by MAT (66285) on Jun 21, 2001.
Your empire awaits. Claim it.
Contributed by jeremy strope (126) on Jun 20, 2001.