DescriptionEvil Genius is set in the 1960s of James Bond, master-minds, and bad hair cuts; play one of the three available evil geniuses, each with different abilities, all of which have the overall master-plan to rule the world.
To do this, the evil genius must send out minions and henchmen all over the world on secret missions to increase the criminal infamy rating and steal cash to fund operations for secret base, known in-game as the "secret island at an undisclosed location." Operation: World Conquer costs money...a lot of money!
However, the five major world governments are not unaware of the evil genius's evil plotting. They will send agents to the "secret island at an undisclosed location" to gather evidence of the evil genius's misdeeds. Eventually after enough evidence, they will have just cause to send a strike team or worse...send Super Agents to hamper the evil genius's plans of world domination.
After choosing an evil genius, gameplay will fall under the following categories:
World Domination Map
The most dominant feature of the game revolves around the top-down perspective World Domination map. Although it only takes a few minutes at a time to check this feature, it is most important because this is where the player plots all plans of world domination. The World Domination map consists of the following actions:
- Sending minions and henchmen on Act of Infamy missions around the world to raise criminal reputation rating. Successfully accomplishing these missions will increase criminal reputation. The higher the reputation, the more access the player has to other missions, henchmen, and infamy objects that may be stolen.
- Sending minions and henchmen undercover around the world to steal cash and funds operations. The money will then be sent to the "secret island at an undisclosed location" to be stored at the treasury.
- Recruit new henchmen. If reputation is high enough, the player may have the option to recruit new henchmen.
Gameplay is primary focused on the secret island base, where it mimics an isometric building simulation game. Here, the player may interact with buildings, minions, and enemy agents. The available actions are as the following:
- Build a secret base, in it construct facilities and rooms.
- Build a trap system to guard the base's secrets from enemy agents as well as using it to kill, stun, or interrogate enemy agents.
- Research new traps, objects, and weapons.
- "邪恶天才" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Xie'e Tiancai" -- Chinese title
|What a great gam...where did that !@!%@% bug come from...!?||Indra is here (19840)|
The Press Says
|ActionTrip||Sep 29, 2004||84 out of 100||84|
|Fragland.net||Nov 24, 2004||83.3 out of 100||83|
|PC Action||Oct 26, 2004||82 out of 100||82|
|Game Informer Magazine||Nov, 2004||8.25 out of 10||82|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Oct, 2004||81 out of 100||81|
|videogamer.com||Oct 22, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|IGN||Sep 28, 2004||7.8 out of 10||78|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Oct 22, 2004||74 out of 100||74|
|Tap-Repeatedly/Four Fat Chicks||Oct, 2004||60|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Aug 07, 2006||8 out of 20||40|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Evil Genius Online||1||Indra is here (19840)
Oct 25, 2014
CannibalismOne of the henchmen you can recruit on the World Domination Map is "The Butcher", located in SE ASIA, specifically on the island of Sumatera, Republic of Indonesia. The Butcher's rap sheet indicates he became a criminal after an encounter with a cannibal.
However, as the time frame of the game is roughly around the 1960's - 1970's, on the island of Sumatera, no cannibals existed.
To date, the only known cannibalism that exists in the republic is practiced by a certain tribe (tribe name withheld) located in the island of Kalimantan better as Borneo to westerners. The practice of cannibalism however in more or less just tribal rituals for certain occasions and not a primary diet. Oddly enough, the people of the tribe itself are extremely polite compared to other tribes in Indonesia and having met some myself I asked what "human flesh" tasted like. One answered "Hot". Similar to dog meat (uh, we eat almost anything that moves around here...hehe).
On additional note, on the island of Sumatera, cannibals did exist but only before the Christianity (Protestants) was spread on the island by the colonial Dutch rule. Ironically, the leading missionary of Christianity in Sumatera, located specifically in North Sumatera, was eaten (boiled first) by local tribes before they wanted to convert! Now that's what you call a martyr! (My great grandfather was tribal chief in North Sumatera, and was also known to be a cannibal...yum)
Other rare cases of cannibalism in Indonesia refer to practitioners of Black Magic.
Intellectual propertyFollowing the merger of Activision and Vivendi into Activision Blizzard in 2008, the intellectual property rights to this title were picked up by Rebellion.
Information also contributed by Sciere
Related Web Sites
- Evil Planet - Fan Site (Designed in the style of the game features a rich in content fan site. This includes detailed descriptions about the game and the makers, screenshots, modding, interviews, downloads, a special Evil Genius wiki and a forum.)
- How evil are you? (Official website)