🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Fallout 3 > Yeh like mads?

Slug Camargo (583) on 1/6/2009 3:54 AM · Permalink · Report

Ooooh, "mods". Yeh I like mads. But I like caravans more.

It would be pretty rare that any of you, fellow mobygamers, were unaware of this but the thing is: The mod community's been quite busy with our little friend Fallout 3 here. I bring this up because I'm a moderately enthusiast follower of user-produced content, and I find F3 fans to be a particularly talented bunch, and quite precise and to the point as well as apparently everyone and their dag had the same quirks about this little jewel of a game; hence, if you wished there was something that was fixed in this game (other than the bugs, that is), chances are there is a mod out there that was though out for you.

Up at No Mutants Allowed they have this handy metathread in which they're adding the best mods out there, and I think fans of the game should definitely check a few of them (Indra, I'm looking at you) (from behind bullet-proof glass) (sorry, mate, you kinda creep me out =P ). The most interesting ones include: Level cap increasing, enhanced textures, revamped drugs so they mirror the ones in the previous games, better sounds for the guns, various tweaks for the Pip-boy and so on.

Basically, for those who complained that Fallout 3 vallina-ized this or that feature from the previous games and therefore was not a true Fallout wah wah wah (boy, are you quite the whiny brat, eh?), you now have the chance to build yourself the Fallout 3 of your dreams =D

Hell, there's even a mod that makes children killable (not in that link, though).

So, get a move on kid, go crazy!

Indra was here (20755) on 1/6/2009 5:37 PM · Permalink · Report

Thought I vaguely heard whining that FO3 wasn't that "mod-able" compared to Oblivion? Must be one of those nightmares I get after restarting the game for the 14th time. Lost interest in Fallout 3 recently. The too much grey background gets to you after a while...

Now back to playing strategy games...

xroox (3895) on 1/6/2009 6:41 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks Doc. This one's on my stack o' games so I'll bear this in mind.