Fallout (Windows)

4.2
Written by  :  Vaelor (377)
Written on  :  Oct 14, 2004

read more reviews by Vaelor

Summary

Are there any words left?

The Good

Zovni's review of this game, "Vault-Tec Approved", was probably the most brilliantly written, dead-on accurate, comprehensive review I could imagine being written for what is essentially the Grandfather of Post-Apocalyptic RPG's. As much as I feel that Fallout is without doubt one of the crowning jewels in my computer game collection, I don't know that I could possibly say anything about this masterpiece of gaming that he hasn't already covered. How many ways can one say "priceless"? I can say with certainty that if the bombs fell and the world was thrown into post-apocolyptic anarchy and only a handful of working copies of this game survived, I would beg, bargain, barter, con, steal, or kill to ensure that one of them was mine.

The Bad

As much as this review is likely to be awarded a 1 on the MobyGames scale of 1 to 5, I just can't say anything that hasn't been said. Granted, yes, the game had some bugs - like all games do - but I honestly couldn't say that the worst of them would make me want to play Fallout even five minutes less.

The Bottom Line

I post this review for one sole reason: To throw my vote in, to raise my hand for, to emphatically stand behind, as so many have before me, Interplay's Fallout as the all time #1 Absolute Must Have Computer Game of All Time. Stop reading this page right now - click the Buy/Trade link on the left there and get your hands on this game!! If you don't, you might as well put your PC up for sale on eBay, because without a copy of Fallout installed, your computer is nothing. =)