Far Cry 2 (Windows)

Written by  :  nascarbr (10)
Written on  :  Nov 24, 2008

read more reviews by nascarbr

Summary

Great idea. Not so well used.

The Good

The graphics are very good and quite extensive and the maps are realistic. The spread of fire and explosions are among the best seen. We have total freedom of movement and exploration. The system of healing is new and very creative. In addition to highly diverse.

The Bad

Problems. Being in Africa, where are the animals? Why not have the same system as Oblivion, where they were attacked by animals when they were in the middle of the woods? The missions are quite diverse, but very repetitive. It is almost always the same thing. These factors fatigue and quickly bore you.

The enemies are very weak and stupid. But it has excellent sight, as you hit over long distances, even with short arms.

The Bottom Line

Despite all the innovations and themes, I consider the game as disappointing. The absence of animals is very frustrating. And it's the first thing I remember, when thinking about the Africa region.

But I believe the most frustrating thing is that the missions are repetitive. There is no variety. They are basically the same thing, only varying the region.

Finally, after much expectation, I am saying that Far Cry 2 is one of the great disappointments of the year. Unless you are impressed only by graphics.