Moby Poll: What kind of game collector are you?

FIFA Soccer 2003 (Windows)

3.0
Written by  :  Jim Fun (222)
Written on  :  May 10, 2003
Rating  :  4.33 Stars4.33 Stars4.33 Stars4.33 Stars4.33 Stars

read more reviews by Jim Fun

Summary

Try to compare Fifa 2002 to this, you'll notice to many flaws in the previous edition.

The Good

Ok, this game is great, it may have something to do with me loving soccer, but I really think this game got over all the flaws of 2002, the slightly too clear graphics and the gameplay and the way the ball moved and the slowness of the playersin the 2002 edition just annoyed me with how completely unrealistic they were. Quite frankly Fifa 2003 is the perfect soccer gaming experience. It's just so realistic, the way the players move, the passing system, the new free kick/corner system, the graphics, the speed, in short this game has very few flaws.

The Bad

Ok, the AI is so bad its laugh-worthy, it's almost easy to beat Real madrid with Rapid Bucharest, you can toy with a player if his strength is 91 or 48, it really doesn't matter, and the loading time is ridiculous, it once took me 3 minutes to load a replay and 5 minutes to load a saved game.

The Bottom Line

Great, if you like soccer you'll like this game, and it doesn't hurt that it's the best soccer game ever created.