Freelancer (Windows)

Written by  :  Josh Miller (7)
Written on  :  Apr 06, 2003
Rating  :  4.86 Stars4.86 Stars4.86 Stars4.86 Stars4.86 Stars

read more reviews by Josh Miller

Summary

Some Freespace, Wing Commander, and secret spice all mixed together!

The Good

The control of this game is flawless! Never have I had so much control with my fighter. The game's graphics are not top-notch, but they get the point through. The coolest thing is that there is basically an endless opportunity of things to do within the game. The RPG/Space-Combat touch is real nice, and the performance of the game is wonderful. Voice-acting is accurate, and the game itself is just a joy to explore. (FYI: Hot-keys are plentiful)

The Bad

The sounds and music could use work, and that means a lot. The story may seem linear to some, personally it did to me, but there are many more things to do than the average "missions". The trouble of travelling through "trade gates" gets tired after a while, but the occasional "firefight" pops up here and there. The final flaw of this game is the shortness. It may seem endless, but it all comes to an end before you realize you wanted to do some "off-the-subject" gaming.

The Bottom Line

Overall, this game is absolutely a must-buy. Fans of space-combats, simulations, first-person shooters, and RPGs will certainly enjoy what this game has to offer. Take your time in the game and explore what the developers made for you. This is truly a work of art. Go out and get Freelancer and start blasting rogues today!