Gary Grigsby's World At War Ad Blurbs (Windows)
Advertising Blurbs2 by 3 Games:
Gary Grigsby’s World at War takes you through four World War II scenarios where five playable powers battle across 38 different countries with 15 different unit types. Each unit type has up to 14 attributes, which you can upgrade through careful research of new technology during the war. Rules cover everything from strategic movement to cold weather, nuclear weapons, and even dealing with managing supply lines in the advanced mode of the game. With a top-notch AI, play-by-email capability, and two in-depth tutorials, World at War will make you a general in a day but keep you occupied year round.
- Four full-length scenarios (Spring ’40, Summer ’41, Spring ’42, Summer ’43) lasting to the end of the war
- Five playable forces (Germany, Japan, the Soviet Union, the Western Allies, and China) and 38 different countries
- Over 350 areas on a sprawling world map
- Command 15 different combat units in the air, on the land, and at sea, as well as infrastructure and supply units
- Each unit has up to 14 attributes, most of which can be improved through research and development
- Rules that cover strategic movement, forts, cold weather zones, airborne attack, amphibious invasions, partisans, militia, and many other features
- Fog of War rules that hide enemy units and production Supply rules that can be set to provide a common pool for all units to draw from, or the creation of field units that must accompany the armies
- PBEM playability for two to five players
- Challenging AI that offers a unique gaming experience
- Ability to automate either or both the Production and Research functions
- An in-depth tutorial that smoothly integrates the player with the game
Take command in this dynamic, turn-based strategy game of World War II that puts you in the role of some of the most legendary leaders of history. You have complete control over the production, research, and military strategy for your side. At your disposal are the full air, land, and sea forces of each power, with each unit rated in a variety of researchable areas. Two tutorials and several campaign scenarios let you learn the system quickly and start fighting the whole war or a smaller part of it.
World At War gives you a chance to reshape history, by changing the outcome of its greatest war. In this dynamic turn-based strategy game, you'll choose an army and lead it to victory across four real WWII campaigns. Make China the world's greatest superpower, lead Germany to control over Europe & North Africa, or have Japan conquer America -- the future of the world is in your hands! Challenging AI offers a unique gaming experience.
Contributed by Jeanne (75375) on Mar 13, 2008.