Gemini Rue (Windows)

Written by  :  Ingsoc (666)
Written on  :  Mar 16, 2011
Rating  :  2.83 Stars2.83 Stars2.83 Stars2.83 Stars2.83 Stars

read more reviews by Ingsoc

Summary

Great adventure game with awful graphics

The Good

The basic story is about a futuristic organization that kidnap and reprogram people to do their bidding, while the story is extremely unoriginal (To me it reminded of Joss Whedon's Dollhouse and Firefly) it still well written and even surprising toward the end.

The interface is a classic point and click, in addition the player could move boxes and stand on them and could took control over other characters and using them to interact with the hot spots in the screen.

The puzzles are not hard and new players should have a problem with them after some thought, fortunately they also good enough to keep interested the more experienced players.

The Bad

The main problem with this game is its awful graphics that looks like it was made over twenty years ago, in fact sometime it doesn't even look like a VGA graphics.

I know the argument that what important in an adventure game is the plot and puzzles and I tend to agree with it, however I think the graphics must have some minimum level bar of quality level and sadly this game is beneath it.

I know that "Wadjet Eye Games" is a small company and I don't expect them to have the most up to date and awesome graphics. However they should get pass using the AGS engine, which after all was meant to be used by amateurs to produce free games, and work with something that could produce better graphics quality. After all they DO sell their games.

The Bottom Line

Great adventure game with great plot and puzzles, if you don't mind the sub standard graphics you should pick it up.