DescriptionGrand Theft Auto: Mission Pack #1 - London 1969 is an official expansion pack to Grand Theft Auto. Instead of the fictional interpretations of New York, Miami and Los Angeles of the original, this game opens up the city of London to the player. The game features thirty new vehicles, new graphics and thirty-two new missions; all in a distinctly British theme. The new city contains many familiar landmarks from London in the late 60s as well as other cultural reference and Cockney slang. This time the player can choose the avatar's appearance, otherwise gameplay has not been changed from the original game. The player still is involved in organized crime and must perform a variety of criminal activities.
- "GTA: London 69" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
- City: London
- Genre: Open world / Free-roaming / Sandbox action and driving
- Grand Theft Auto series
- Protagonist: Gangster
There are no reviews for the Windows release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Apr 22, 2000||9 out of 10||90|
|IGN||Jun 03, 1999||7.8 out of 10||78|
|PC Gameplay (Benelux)||May, 1999||78 out of 100||78|
|Power Play||Apr, 1999||76 out of 100||76|
|GameStar (Germany)||Apr, 1999||75 out of 100||75|
|PC Player (Germany)||Apr 07, 1999||73 out of 100||73|
|Game Over Online||Apr 06, 1999||65 out of 100||65|
|GameSpot||May 21, 1999||5.9 out of 10||59|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Jul 05, 1999||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
German versionWhen playing the game with German language settings, four of the protagonists (Mick Casey, Winston Henry, Wolfie Vilans and Johnny Hawthorn) can't be chosen.
SoundtrackOne of the most prominent parts of the game is the soundtrack which features beat, psych and reggae tracks. However, the credits section doesn't have any info on who composed the music. This music mostly consists of tracks from Italian cinema of late 60s to early 70s, including infamous spaghetti westerns, spy thrillers and exploitation films, e.g. Teresa la ladra, Una sull'altra or Your turn To Die. Many of the compositions are created by noted movie composers Alessandro Alessandroni, Francesco De Masi and Riz Ortolani.
The complete track list:
- Liquidator - Harry J. Allstars
- Return of Django - The Upsetters
- Dollar in The Teeth - The Upsetters
- Skinhead Moonstomp - Symarip
- 28 Minuti. Seq. 4 - taken from i28 Minuti Per 3 Millioni Di Dollari
- Seq 3 - taken from iLe Malize Di Venerei
- Seq 4 - taken from iLe Malize Di Venerei
- Seq 6 - taken from iLe Malize Di Venerei
- Beat Fuga Shake - composed by Rix Ortolani
- Hot Camera Shake - composed by Francesco De Masi-Alessandro Alessandroni
- L'Uomo Che Sapra - Guilla De Muttis (composed by Francesco De Masi-Alessandro Alessandroni)
- Tema Di Londra - composed by Francesco De Masi-Alessandro Alessandroni
- The Roaring 20's - Riz Ortolani
- Teresa Lillusa' - Riz Ortolani
- Tiffany Sequence M. 8 - Riz Ortolani
- Tiffany Sequence M. 22 - Riz Ortolani
- Saturday Nite at Dirty McNasty's - Chris Sears, Jim Browski, Dr. Gilo Allen, Duncan 'limpdick' Scott
- BOOK 'EM (Murder One) - Chris Sears, Jim Browski, Dr. Gilo Allen, Duncan 'limpdick' Scott
- Austin Allegro Drag Race - Chris Sears, Jim Browski, Dr. Gilo Allen, Duncan 'limpdick' Scott
- GTA POMP - Charlie Clarke, JL, Sarah Daly, Paul Powell
- GTA SPY - Charlie Clarke, JL, Sarah Daly, Paul Powell
Related Web Sites
- Crap Shoot -- A humorous review on PC Gamer
- GTA: London 1969 at GTAGaming -- Information site about all things GTA: London 1969.