DescriptionGTR 2 is the "official simulation of the FIA GT championship" and uses the same physics engine as the first GTR game but adds special effects in the lighting and environment to add to the realism.
Like the first, GTR 2 is foremost a racing simulation. There are 144 cars from which to choose and 34 different track configurations. Choose from three modes of play: Novice, Semi-Pro or Simulation. Various racing experiences are offered from open practice sessions, driving schools, full race weekends, 24 hour races, championship races, to time trials.
A built-in multiplayer mode gives you the opportunity to race against worldwide opponents.
- "GTR 2: Автогонки FIA GT" -- Russian spelling
- "GTR 2: Realism Redefined" -- Alternate US subtitle
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: gMotor2
- Automobile: Ferrari 360
- Automobile: Ferrari 550
- Automobile: Lister Storm
- Automobile: Maserati MC12
- Automobile: Porsche 911
- Automobile: Saleen S7
- GTR FIA Racing series
- Middleware: EMotion FX
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Gamernode||Sep 25, 2006||9.5 out of 10||95|
|GameStar (Germany)||Sep, 2006||91 out of 100||91|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Oct 17, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|Edge||Oct, 2006||90 out of 100||90|
|Playfuls||Sep 28, 2006||8.8 out of 10||88|
|Gamesmania||Oct 04, 2006||87 out of 100||87|
|YouGamers||Apr 03, 2007||85 out of 100||85|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Oct 09, 2006||17 out of 20||85|
|Bit-Tech||Oct 20, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Feb 28, 2005||16 out of 20||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesGTR 2 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- 2006 – #9 PC Game of the Year
- 2006 – PC Sports/Racing Game of the Year
- GameStar (Germany)
- February 01, 2007 - Best PC Sports Game in 2006 (Readers' Vote)
- PC Powerplay (Germany)
- Issue 02/2007 – #2 Best Sports/Racing Game in 2006
- Issue 02/2007 – #3 Best Sports/Racing Game in 2006 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Welcome to GTR & GTR 2!! (Official website for the series (Deutsch and English))
Chief Executive Officer:
FIA GT Coordination: