Solomon's Key for the NES was released in Japan on this day in 1986.

Halo: Combat Evolved (Windows)

3.4
Written by  :  smokices (3)
Written on  :  Oct 09, 2003
Rating  :  3.71 Stars3.71 Stars3.71 Stars3.71 Stars3.71 Stars

read more reviews by smokices

Summary

This game is the SHIT!! The multi-player is amazing!!

The Good

It was fun all around and there was never nothing to do! The graphics are good but there are a few problems. The setup is a lot better with the mouse and keyboard. Just the fact that it was on PC made it great. There are also no words to describe the great feeling that rushes through you when you run someone over in a Banshee online. There are also a lot more multi-player levels and they are so fun. Such as "death island" and "Timberland". They are very fun. But a fair warning, you really shouldn't get the game if you don't have Cable internet or DSL internet, because it will get very boring playing against AI the whole time. Well that about wraps it all up. This game is fun on internet, and on single player so GO BUY HALO!!!!!

The Bad

The graphics had high standards. I only have a Radeon 9000, so the graphics are not great. And when ever I try to change the resoulution my computer gets all messed up and restarts. If anyone has any advice talk to me. But, I am probably going to get a new video card soon anyway, so yup thats about all. I also recommend not getting the game if you have a radeon 9000 because it has serious problems.

The Bottom Line

Almost the exact same thing as on xbox except almost all the videos and cut scenes are different and all the sounds are a lot better! It is a fun Sci-Fi 1st person shooter with a great plot (Such a great plot that there are a few books out on it!). There are loads of easter eggs and fun things to do... WARTHOG JUMP! The single and multiplayers are soo much fun. But it doesn't cost pocket change buddy, its 50 big ones so, you better want it bad.