DescriptionToday a marriage is to be celebrated: the Griffin Empire celebrates Emperor Nicolai and the tomboy-like Isabel who are soon to be united. But... something goes wrong and Demons emerge from the darkness, interrupting this joyous celebration! So, now Nicolai has to lead his army to war; while Isabel is carried away and treated like a poor defenseless girl.
She cannot sit still for long, so she breaks free from her escorts at the first opportunity and tries to seek some help for her Nicolai. While her escort, Godric, leaves to seek the powerful mages of the Shining Cities; Beatrice tries to contact the Elven armies of Irollan. Will she succeed in bringing help to her soon to be husband, Nicolai? Will Godric convince the mages to help the Griffin Empire?
This is the first Heroes of Might & Magic to feature 3D graphics and Multiplayer options. The turn-based system for tactical battles has been entirely re-written to be more scalable. It also features an entirely new plot, along with new spells, new units and new creatures skills.
- "魔法门之英雄无敌5" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "魔法門英雄無敵五" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "HoMM5" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Heroes of Might and Magic series
- Might and Magic universe
- Portability Engine: Cider
- Scripting language: Lua
- Technology: amBX
|Fantasy TBS has never been so addictive.||Alex M. (990)|
|A good continuation of a great franchise||Frecklefoot (191)|
The Press Says
|games xtreme||May 23, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|GBase - The Gamer's Base||May 18, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|Game Chronicles||Jul 04, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|Game Captain||Jun 11, 2006||87 out of 100||87|
|GamesFire||Jun 12, 2006||86 out of 100||86|
|4Players.de||May 19, 2006||86 out of 100||86|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||May 23, 2006||17 out of 20||85|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Jun 01, 2006||83 out of 100||83|
|Meristation||May 29, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|Game Revolution||Jun 12, 2006||B-||67|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaWhile Ubisoft claimed to start a whole new Might and Magic universe without any ties to the previous one (and its science-fiction elements), the game contains lots of references to old stories and heroes. Characters Sandro, Solmyr and Crag Hack are referred to, as are the refugees from Erathia (from Heroes of Might and Magic IV) in a town's description. Not to mention the storyline which begins in a very similar way as the one of Heroes of Might and Magic III (even if it takes a different direction later on). Fans have had mixed feelings about the inclusions of those "easter eggs", often considering it a cheap way by Ubisoft to appeal to the older fans audience.
Related Web Sites
- Age of Heroes (A very informative fansite covering all HoMM games )
- A New World, New Heroes, New Challenges (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of Heroes of Might and Magic V, with commentary being provided by Producer Fabrice Cambounet (March, 2007).)
- Freeverse: HoMM5 (The Macintosh publisher's product page for Heroes of Might and Magic V, which offers additional details, updates, and ordering information.)
- Heroes of Might and Magic V (Official game site)
- Heroes of Might & Magic V (Spanish fansite for the game)
- Save Heroes of Might and Magic V (A website set up by fans to press Ubisoft to delay Heroes of Might and Magic V, to fix all the bugs prior to the release.)
- The Heroes of Might and Magic V article in Wikipedia (A very extensive and interesting Wikipedia article. A very good overview and some in-deph information. )
- Torre de Marfil (Spanish fansite of the saga)
Third party Manager:
Design & AI consultant: