Hitman: Codename 47 (Windows)

Written by  :  Lance droy (5)
Written on  :  Aug 28, 2007
Rating  :  2.43 Stars2.43 Stars2.43 Stars2.43 Stars2.43 Stars

read more reviews by Lance droy

Summary

Impossible and frustrating

The Good

The Hitman game series succeeds on the simple truth that there is nothing quite like a the prospect of killing in cold blood to get the blood pumping. On that front at-least, this game delivers.

The Bad

I am sure you have all heard of the Hit-Man series? Unfortunately, not many people know that the early games in the series are rather unimpressive. So what is it that makes it such a poor game? It's not the graphics, they are acceptable and it's not the physics they are good. It's not even the A.I. because that more than suffices. The sad fact is that the game is impossibly hard, even on the lowest level of difficulty. I never got past the first two levels! The game does have a tutorial, unfortunately this only tells you how to fire a gun and the basics of the movement. For the first mission you are sent to a unknown city block and told to assassinate a gang leader in the Buddhist park there. What you are not told, is how to evade the 30 or so guards, how to avoid the chain gun wielding helicopter and then how to leave without being spotted. The guards are paranoid of anything that moves and the moment you pull out a gun they shoot you to oblivion. Turns-out (I read a walk-through) that you have to climb a unknown elevator somewhere in the area and get to the roof, assassinate the gang leader and then hide before the manic copter sees you.

To be fair to the game, I am sure it appeals to some people, if you are a fan of the genre or just like impossible problems you may enjoy this. Still If you get anything out of this game you have done very well.

The Bottom Line

It's Not: very understandable, fun

It's: Very twisted