The Hobbit (Windows)

3.0
Written by  :  Mattias Kreku (423)
Written on  :  Jan 08, 2004
Rating  :  4.14 Stars4.14 Stars4.14 Stars4.14 Stars4.14 Stars

read more reviews by Mattias Kreku

Summary

The perfect game.. for my girlfriend.

The Good

To be honest, I never actually played this game myself. But I sat next to my girlfriend while she played it from the beginning to the end, and I must say I was most impressed by both her and the game. The Hobbit boasts extremely colourful graphics, large, detailed levels and a well known story skillfully translated into a computer game. Strangely enough the game revolves a lot around the action sequences as Bilbo battles his way through hordes of goblins, orcs and spiders. The fun part about the game is the puzzle solving though. There are plenty of levels, plenty of secrets and plenty of puzzles to keep you occupied for hours on end.

The Bad

Sometimes it looked like there was just too much action going on, and after you've played the first level (which is very good, with lots of small quests) you're kind of disappointed by the next few levels that are a whole lot more action oriented. Also, the hair on Bilbo's head looks like it's made of some sort of shiny plastic. Not good!

The Bottom Line

An excellent action oriented platformer with a few adventure and role playing game features thrown into the mix. A lengthy game with lots of variety and plenty to see.