Homeworld: Game of the Year Edition (Windows)

Written by  :  William Shawn McDonie (1152)
Written on  :  Feb 26, 2001
Rating  :  4.71 Stars4.71 Stars4.71 Stars4.71 Stars4.71 Stars
read more reviews by William Shawn McDonie

Summary

What a great surprise!!

The Good

I picked up this edition for 20$ a couple of months ago. I didnt hold too much promise for homeworld since it was made by sierra. I remember sierra as the King of Adventures not space. (not counting Space Quest) I have to admit for 20 bucks I got a huge bargin. First this bundle came with the Stradigy guide and a cd soundtrack. Which is a good thing since this is some of the best music for a Pc game that I have heard. The way you view action in this game is terrific. You can pan from one angle to another with ease. Speaking of ease the trainer in the game is so good at getting you ready to play. Is simply the best into yet for a game. This trainer teaches you all you need to know about the game in only a few minutes. For a person who has little patience when it comes to learing a new game, this is pure gold. Graphics are good but not blow you away. Some of the backgrounds however are breathtaking. One of the greatest moments in the game is when in the second mission you come home to find your home destroyed and everyone dead. The music is truly a masterpiece. One of the greatest moments in gaming as far as I am concerned.

The Bad

The mission where you have to follow a tight path and then destroy a huge instaltion is just too difficult.

The Bottom Line

Par excellance!