is a futuristic arcade racer with guns.
Player takes in control one of five types of hovercrafts (Bike, Scout, Sport, Police and military) and participate in events on different planets (Earth, Venus, Mars and Planet of Glaciers). After the events, he receives money award, which could be spent on new weapons, hovercrafts, items or used to upgrade already installed ones. There are six types of event in the game:
- Championship - 18 races, where winner is judged by the total number of points scored during all events. Points are given for action or race performance.
- Single race - same as previous, but with 16 tracks on limited event customisation.
- Battle for the generator - pickupable generator appears on the map and transits between players on collisions or deaths. Last player with generator on finish line eliminates, so you have to be fast. Rest is the same as "single race".
- Checkpoints on time - "single race" with strict time limit between checkpoints.
- Time game - "single race", but total track time is limited. If you finish before countdown, bonus points are given.
- Survival - "single race" with generic elimination rules.
On the track, player can pick up various bonuses, which give him useful abilities like double damage, boost or restore one of hovercraft parameters (shields, repair, energy).
- "Hover Ace: Combat Racing Zone" -- Tag-lined title
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by Klaster_1 (57832)
on Jan 15, 2011.