Forums > Game Forums > Hugo's House of Horrors > Huh?

Edwin Drost (9431) on 2/6/2017 9:43 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

"submit the DOS version first, and then if the re-release is called something different and has different functionality, you could add it as a separate entry?"

Okay. I was a bit confused and so I just went back and removed the Linux, Windows and the Mac of the list and will be remove in SEVEN days. But I'm not sure in about all this.

Could someone help me with this? Is it possible to cancel the process of remove of the system and all? If you know what I mean.

Separate entry? Could you please clarify that? (And yes I need caffeine)

Edwin Drost (9431) on 2/9/2017 2:12 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I am not sure what the reason is to reject the name of CDRP, Inc., but they actually are the ones who distributed Hugo's House of Horrors (trilogy);

Okay. I am not sure how it stands with my additional Hugo Trilogy from 1993 for the DOS, but now I have the urge to just do the REGULAR DOS version as a separate entry (new game) and then point out that in 2014 another more ENCHANTED trilogy (The Hugo Trilogy) who has a new point-and-click mouse based interface and was distributed by GOG Limited were made for windows, Linux and the Mac. sigh

Rwolf (22823) on 2/9/2017 2:37 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Maybe it should have a different name? I did not find any suitable chestnut company at moby now, but some other info online.

I found the once president of the company on Linkedin. https://www.linkedin.com/in/phillip-sego-99654641

The companys name is listed here as 'CDRP/Chestnut CD-ROM' with a short description. Other sites use 'Chestnut CD-ROM Inc.' as the name.

linkedin quote/

President CDRP/Chestnut CD-Rom January 1993 – March 1997 (4 years 3 months)

CD-based consumer software publisher, specializing in impulse buy, low price point titles.

/quote

(And since the company name did not exist, you have to create it in the submission; there is a somewhat hard to see link for that in the top text on the publishing page)

Edwin Drost (9431) on 2/9/2017 2:44 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I know. It is confusing. What do you recommend? 'CDRP/Chestnut CD-ROM' and as additional name; 'Chestnut CD-ROM Inc.'? And then use the link as Url?

Rwolf (22823) on 2/9/2017 2:50 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Not for me to decide...the Chestnut is a brand label according to text on the cover, so I would still try CDRP Inc. as the company name. Either would probably do. (And I'd use Chestnut CD-ROM Inc. as an alternate 'brand name' in the company description, later.)

Maybe I'd ask someone experienced like Sciere or Simon about it, if there is a problem?

Edwin Drost (9431) on 2/9/2017 3:09 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Okay. Just ask him and I will try CDRP Inc. again.

Edit: Okay. I'm making a separate entry (new game) of it.

Edwin Drost (9431) on 2/9/2017 9:29 PM · Permalink · Report

Last thing (I hope): What to use as name for the new entry (game)? It is better to call it Hugo's House of Horrors: Trilogy, ah? Otherwise it will be too confusing, because of first game's title.

Evolyzer (21842) on 2/9/2017 9:49 PM · Permalink · Report

The official title, no matter whether it is confusing or not :)

Edwin Drost (9431) on 2/9/2017 10:02 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

So, when this appears "There are already some games in MobyGames with names similar to the one you entered. Please take a minute to look over the games listed below. Select the radio box that fits your desired action and then press the 'Next' button.

Clicking on a game title will take you to the game sheet (it will open in a new window). If you are unsure if you should create a new game entry or add platforms to an existing game entry, please refer to the standards page for more information."

I just press New game, ah? Or should I use Hugo's House of Horrors (trilogy)

Edit: IF I do have the wrong name, is there always a chance to change the title of the game?

Edit: As Company name (in Add Company) I should do CDRP, Inc. ? Where goes the alternate 'brand name': Chestnut CD-ROM Inc.? Behind CDRP, Inc. Alternate 'brand name': Chestnut CD-ROM Inc.?

Rwolf (22823) on 2/10/2017 1:44 AM · Permalink · Report

You use the 'new game', if you know you want this instead of a combined version. The actual database entry will be different, regardless of identical names.

The company name you only give one to start at the page where you enter publication year and developers, then when the game & new company entries have passed the approvers scrutiny, the company will have a separate entry, where you can add alternate names. (And other information, like where it is/was located etc. so all that is a later thing.)