DescriptionThe energy shield that seperated the human colonists from the Scay'Ger, an indigenous life-form, has shut-down and human viruses has now mutated the Scay'Ger into savage and blood-thirsty monsters. As the commander of an elite squad of space marines, it is your job to halt the enemy attacks and evacuate the remaining colonists.
The battles are fought within the buildings of Scay Hallwa, the dark and brooding colony city, in both a turn-based tactical mode and a real-time 3D environment.
- "Incubation: Космодесант" -- Russian title
- "Incubation: Battle Isle Phase Vier" -- German title
- "Incubation: Battle Isle Phase Four" -- UK title
- "Incubation: Battle Isle Faza Czwarta" -- Polish title
- "Battle Isle 4: Incubation" -- Informal Name
Part of the Following Groups
|Difficult but satisfying||Alex Z (1180)|
|Sci-fi turn based squad level tactical combat||blefuscu (424)|
The Press Says
|OK PC Gamer||Jan, 1998||94 out of 100||94|
|CD-Action||Nov, 1997||9 out of 10||90|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Nov 28, 1997||90|
|Power Play||Oct, 1997||88 out of 100||88|
|GameStar (Germany)||Oct, 1997||87 out of 100||87|
|PC Jeux||Oct, 1997||86 out of 100||86|
|PC Joker||Oct, 1997||82 out of 100||82|
|Privat Computer PC||1997||80 out of 100||80|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Jan, 1998||70|
|GameSpot||Nov 05, 1997||6.6 out of 10||66|
There are currently no topics for this game.
EngineIncubation: Time is Running Out uses an improved version of the engine used in Blue Byte's Extreme Assault, a helicopter game.
Free add-on discAt the beginning of 1998 Blue Byte put special stickers on all boxes of Incubation: Time is Running Out that were still available at retail outlets. These stickers, together with the registration card could be send in to the developer in exchange for an add-on cd which was released on April 17, 1998. This add-on cd contained all three previously released level packs, the x-mas levels and another pack of additional missions as well as trailers, patches and demos to Blue Byte games and standalone demos to both this game and Incubation: The Wilderness Missions.
German versionThe German version features no blood effects.
Limited EditionThe game was also released in a limited edition, which included a bonus disc called Incubation: Hidden Worlds and a soundtrack CD, featuring music from Incubation: Time is Running Out, Archimedean Dynasty and Extreme Assault. The Hidden Worlds CD collected all the free extra levels that Blue Byte had made available on their website (seven levels in total), as well as three extra, exclusive levels: Subterranean, Tract Sphere and Imperium Post. All these levels were playable through the game's Instant Action mode.
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 12/1999 - #84 in the "100 Most Important PC Games of the Nineties" ranking
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1998 – Best Turn-Based Strategy Game in 1997
Related Web Sites
- Andy McFadden's Incubation page (Fan page with statistics on soldiers, weapons, equipment and Scay'Ger, a campaign walkthrough and general hints and tips.)
- Doublefire (Information about Incubation and Wilderness. Walkthroughs and extra maps are available too.)
- Incubation's Data Archives (Fan site dedicated to Incubation and its expansion. Has everything from patches, guides and walkthroughs to new missions and mods. There's even an active forum! (as of Feb 2011))