Industry Giant II (Windows)

Written by  :  Cabeza2000 (691)
Written on  :  Jul 26, 2003
read more reviews by Cabeza2000

Summary

A Transport Tycoon meets Capitalism.

The Good

As I said, this is a sub-genre mix, developers took the features that were so addictive on Transport Tycoon (1994) and reworked them to reach today standards. I loved Transport Tycoon and I'm glad to see a modern game still using the same tycoon features set.

I discovered the Capitalism series (1995-2001) on late 90's and even if the Production Managment on IG2 is the easiest one, it is still the same one.

I mean, you have raw materials, sub-products and products and the in-game production system is close in both games, anyway on my eyes is a good system so i liked it.

The campaign is enjoyable and the game includes precise historical events that are great.

The Bad

There is a problem about IG2 and in my eyes it looks weird. Let’s say it this way:

-If I compare it to Transport Tycoon, IG2 is the worst.

-If I compare it to Capitalism, IG2 is the worst.

-If I compare it to both, Transport Tycoon and Capitalism, IG2 is the best.

(It looks like I am trying to focus this review as a "comparison" between games but I believe that every managerial and tycoon games lover know about those games)

This games type have a watermark... the routine will eventually turn it boring and not everyday I have the mood for a micromanagment game (the time accelerator is a good feature).

The Bottom Line

Overall, the game is very good; I will recommend it to any managerial gaming lover.