DescriptionTwenty years ago, your parents opened the Reed Hotel, and were mysteriously killed shortly after. Now, against all advice, your brother has decided to re-open it... and he's gone missing. You must explore the evil place to save him, and try to escape with your life. What lurks in the bowels of the Hotel's basement? What secrets do the rooms in the upper floors hold?
As Kyle Reed, you'll explore from a first person perspective. To move from screen to screen, click on green areas that appear on-screen. Interaction is handled by the use of various icons that appear over "hot spots" or objects, very similar to The 7th Guest.
The game is divided into 8 chapters (or "levels"). Should you die, you'll either be exited from the game or be able to restart the previous chapter. There are multiple endings based upon your actions within the game.
There are no Windows screenshots for this game.
- "Inherent Evil" -- Remake release
Part of the Following Group
|Spooky, yes, but bad game design ruins it.||Jeanne (75633)|
The Press Says
|Adventure Gamers||May 19, 2002||60|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Nov 30, 1999||40 out of 100||40|
|Computer Games Magazine||Feb 27, 2000||20|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaInherent Evil was originally planned as a contest, released in episodes. The decision to release it as a full game was made very late, and therefore it shipped with no save function and episodes that booted you back to Windows when you were done.
Related Web Sites
- Al Giovetti's Walkthrough (Inherent Evil solution posted on The Computer Show)
- Hints for Inherent Evil: The Haunted Hotel (Hints to help you finish Inherent Evil)
- Walkthrough (Not only a step by step solution, Linda and Norma provide graphics from the game.)
- Zarf's Non-Review (A short overview of The Haunted Hotel's shortcomings and how they obfuscated Andrew Plotkin's attempts to review the game (January, 2000).)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.