DescriptionJagged Alliance 2: Wildfire is a stand-alone expansion of Jagged Alliance 2. While Wildfire is technically no different from the original game (in story, gameplay, etc.), the game however introduces the following game mods:
- Over 80% of the maps have been modified (210 out of 260), including vegetation, buildings, roads, military facilities, etc.
- Modified and re-balanced items, gear and weapons bringing it closer to dangerous real-life situations.
- All military facilities have increased defensive capabilities: Added mine fields, fences, snipers, watchtowers, perimeter lighting, and alarms.
- New weapons: USP, Uzi, UMP, MP5A3, Mini-30, HK33, G36, MP7, MSG90, AN-94, RPK, V-94, VAL, VSS.
- Changed difficulty of enemies, in both significant quantity (almost double the number) and quality (AI).
- Arulco's population is now more loyal to the local government, in addition to increased support penalties for civilian deaths.
- Existing weapons’ graphics and sounds have been replaced, aiming for a more realistic approach.
- Militia options have been disabled.
- "铁血联盟2：野火" -- Chinese Title (Simplified)
- "Jagged Alliance 2: Возвращение в Арулько" -- Russian Title
Part of the Following Groups
|Improvements? What Improvements?||Indra was here (18604)|
|Wildfire is really nothing more than a buggy "real world" mod.||kbmb (399)|
The Press Says
|PC Action||May 19, 2005||81 out of 100||81|
|PC Powerplay||May, 2005||78 out of 100||78|
|PC Games (Germany)||May 15, 2005||74 out of 100||74|
|GameSpot||Mar 22, 2004||7.2 out of 10||72|
|Joystick (French)||Apr, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|Game Captain||Apr 27, 2005||68 out of 100||68|
|IGN||Apr 06, 2004||6.5 out of 10||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe first release of Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire (and even many releases after that) was heavily criticized for being bug-plagued. This was due to Strategy First's decision (February 2004) to release the game before Quality Assurance testing was finalized.
Related Web Sites
- Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire -- Support page in English where you can download the most current patch for the game.
Director of 3rd Party Development: