DescriptionJagged Alliance 2: Wildfire is a stand-alone expansion of Jagged Alliance 2. While Wildfire is technically no different from the original game (in story, gameplay, etc.), the game however introduces the following game mods:
- Over 80% of the maps have been modified (210 out of 260), including vegetation, buildings, roads, military facilities, etc.
- Modified and re-balanced items, gear and weapons bringing it closer to dangerous real-life situations.
- All military facilities have increased defensive capabilities: Added mine fields, fences, snipers, watchtowers, perimeter lighting, and alarms.
- New weapons: USP, Uzi, UMP, MP5A3, Mini-30, HK33, G36, MP7, MSG90, AN-94, RPK, V-94, VAL, VSS.
- Changed difficulty of enemies, in both significant quantity (almost double the number) and quality (AI).
- Arulco's population is now more loyal to the local government, in addition to increased support penalties for civilian deaths.
- Existing weapons’ graphics and sounds have been replaced, aiming for a more realistic approach.
- Militia options have been disabled.
- "铁血联盟2：野火" -- Chinese Title (Simplified)
- "Jagged Alliance 2: Возвращение в Арулько" -- Russian Title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Repetition
- Gameplay Feature: Squad Management
- Gameplay Feature: Targeting system
- Jagged Alliance series
|Improvements? What Improvements?||Indra is stressed (19935)|
|Wildfire is really nothing more than a buggy "real world" mod.||kbmb (399)|
|PC Action||May 19, 2005||81 out of 100||81|
|PC Powerplay||May, 2005||78 out of 100||78|
|PC Games (Germany)||May 15, 2005||74 out of 100||74|
|GameSpot||Mar 22, 2004||7.2 out of 10||72|
|Joystick (French)||Apr, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|Game Captain||Apr 27, 2005||68 out of 100||68|
|IGN||Apr 06, 2004||6.5 out of 10||65|
|4Players.de||Apr 22, 2005||61 out of 100||61|
There are currently no topics for this game.
LawsuitInsolvency issues of Strategy First Inc. led to the inability to provide full royalties to developer i-Deal Games Studios for Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire. This prompted i-Deal to take legal action by sending an official Notification of Termination to Strategy First on the grounds of "breach of contract" on June 8, 2004. By June 26, 2004 the contract was formally terminated. No payment or settlement was officially reached by the two companies.
ReleaseThe first release of Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire (and even many releases after that) was heavily criticized for being bug-plagued. This was due to Strategy First's decision (February 2004) to release the game before Quality Assurance testing was finalized.
Related Web Sites
- Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire (Support page in English where you can download the most current patch for the game.)
Director of 3rd Party Development: