DescriptionJazzpunk is set in a cold war setting. The player takes the role of a secret agent who has to do, well, secret agent stuff like stealing data from the Russians or stealing a person's kidney. The graphics are deliberately crude and all persons are presented like figures from a board game.
From a gameplay perspective, this is an adventure game: the player solves puzzles by using items with other items (or simply by finding the correct item to activate). There are also various mandatory and optional mini games like playing mini golf, participating in a boat race, Galaga or a first-person shooter sequence with a wedding theme. However, the main draw of the game is its non-sequential humour. When exploring the levels, there are many references to discover and many optional items to activate which usually has a humorous consequence.
- "Jazzpunk: Director's Cut" -- PlayStation 4 title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|ZTGameDomain||Feb 14, 2014||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Digital Spy||Feb 23, 2014||80|
|The Escapist||Feb 06, 2014||80|
|Edge||Feb 17, 2014||80|
|Eurogamer.it||Apr 25, 2014||8 out of 10||80|
|Everyeye.it||Mar 12, 2014||7.5 out of 10||75|
|IGN||Feb 06, 2014||7 out of 10||70|
|GameTrailers||Feb 07, 2014||6.2 out of 10||62|
|HonestGamers||Feb 19, 2014||6 out of 10||60|
|Diehard GameFan||Feb 19, 2014||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Seumas McNally Grand Prize Nomination (2014 Independent Games Festival)
- Nuovo Award - Honorable Mention (2014 Independent Games Festival)
- Best of PAX 2013 - Adam Sessler's Pick
- PC Gamer - Editor's Choice (2014)
Related Web Sites
- Jazzpunk (official website)
- GOG store page (Store page on GOG, a DRM free video game distribution platform.)
- Official website - developer's website (Official website on the developer's website.)
- Steam Store page (Store page on Valve's video game distribution platform.)
- Wikipedia: Jazzpunk (Article about the game in the open encyclopedia)