New MobyGoal! We're aiming for 1,500 well documented Arcade games.

John Romero's Daikatana (Windows)

2.9
Written by  :  emerging_lurker (136)
Written on  :  Aug 26, 2000

read more reviews by emerging_lurker

Summary

It's not that bad!

The Good

1. Bang for your buck. For $30, we're looking at 16 GIGANTIC levels in four worlds with different styles for each group.

2. The Discus of Dadelous. It is the coolest weapon since the BFG.

3.Level design. The design is quite good. The way the levels are laid out is excellent.

4. Multiplayer. The multiplayer levels are some of the best I've ever seen. There unbelievably tight.

5. Sidekicks. I liked them.

This is an addendum to address something I found a personal attack that made me sick. <> First thing, I am not forcing myself to like Daikatana. I am never affected by hype. My personal opinions are created solely from the game. Secondly, if you find me entertaining, good for you! Just don't share it with everyone, or you come off like a jerk. And also, I have an opinion. Last time I checked, an opinion can't turn you into a moth or a cow. Now, I have a sense of humor, and believe me, this isn't humor.

The Bad

1. The Swamp. So bad it is scary. The epitome of bad level design. They probably hired a second grader for this level.

2.Ultimate Gas Hands-'Nuff Said

The Bottom Line

OK, so it's not the second coming, but it's not as bad as some make it out to be.